The holidays are right around the corner, and this Christmas Jam flavored with strawberries and cranberries is the perfect addition to breakfast.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 1 10-oz package frozen strawberries
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 3-oz packet liquid fruit pectin
- In a food processor combine the cranberries, frozen strawberries, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Pulse until finely chopped. Pour into a large saucepan with the sugar and water.
- Cook over high heat, stirring constantly, until boiling. Stir in pectin and boil for one minute, stirring the whole time. Remove from heat and skim off the foam with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture into six hot and sterilized half-pint jars or 3 pint jars. Wipe the rims clean with a damp towel and screw the lids on tightly.
- Meanwhile prepare a boiling water boil. Process the jars in the boiling water for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool until jars seal.
Sealed jars of jam can be kept up to a year. Tie a ribbon around the jar and give as a gift to family and friends.