Chorizo Stuffed Butternut Squash
This Chorizo Stuffed Butternut Squash makes an amazing lunch or even a side dish to a festive dinner. We love the taste of chorizo and butternut squash.
- 2 medium butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 8 oz fresh chorizo, casing removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the butternut squash on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Cover lightly with foil. Roast until fork tender, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, cook the chorizo, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper, and salt and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Stuff squash with mixture.
- Top with the cheese and bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve.
You can tell the squash is tender when a fork is inserted easily. This would make a great lunch or as sides for dinner.