Chorizo And Pepper Frittata
This Chorizo and Pepper Frittata makes the perfect weekend brunch dish. Filled with eggs, tender peppers and spicy chorizo.
- 8 oz. fresh chorizo, casing removed
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved.
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- In a cast-iron skillet heated over medium, add chorizo sausage crumbles and cook through, about 5 minutes. Add red bell pepper and cook 2 minutes. Add tomato and cook 3 minutes more.
- Pour in eggs, salt, pepper, and green onions. Stir to combine. Place into preheated oven and cook until eggs are set, about 10-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Pump up the spiciness by adding in a bit of minced New Mexico chilies. If you prefer a crunchy top, place your pan under the broiler for a minute before serving.