Chocolate Caramel Pecan Skillet Cookie
This 10 inch skillet cookie has enough turtle candy goodness to share, slice it up like a pizza and see why many call it the best pizookie they've ever had.
- 16 tbs butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecan halves and pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel bits (Buy them in the baking aisle or make your own)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mix into the wet mix about a third at a time, and stir until just incorporated.
- Stir in the pecans, chocolate chips, and caramel bits. Pour the mixture into a 10 inch cast iron skillet, smoothing out the top once you're done. Bake until the edges are golden brown but the inside still a little gooey, about 30-35 minutes.
- Let rest about 5 minutes before cutting, but serve warm.
This fresh and gooey cookie is excellent with a scoop of ice cream served on top, maybe with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce too.