Chocolate Bird Nests
Grab the kids and get ready for some fun in the kitchen making these adorable chocolate bird nests. Just make sure they stick around long enough to fill!
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Transfer the chow mein noodles to a large mixing bowl and prepare a muffin pan by lightly greasing.
- Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips over a double boiler, or in the microwave if you're careful.
- Pour the melted mix over the noodles, then stir until the noodles are completely coated. Spoon the noodles into the muffin pans, working to form a bowl shape. (If you want bigger nests, flip the muffin pans upside down and use the outside to shape them.)
- Let set until chocolate has completely dried and hardened. If you're in a pinch, you could refrigerate them, but I wouldn't recommend it as the change in humidity could influence texture.
- Once set, fill with your favorite egg-shaped candies or marcona almonds.
For a salty sweet combo, use potato sticks or pretzels instead of the chow mein noodles.