Chicken Nacho Sweet Potatoes
Spice up your sweet potatoes with one of our favorite weeknight meals: Chicken Nacho Sweet Potatoes topped with jalapeños.
- 4 unpeeled sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeños
- hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF and pierce each sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Once potatoes are tender, cut each potato in half and scoop out the potato, leaving an inch border around the entire potato. Place the potato flesh in a bowl and add in the black beans, salt, pepper, red onion, shredded chicken, and jalapeños. Add in hot sauce to taste.
- Stuff the potato skins with the filling. Top with the cheese and place back into the oven to melt the cheese, about 5 minutes. Serve.
You can substitute cheddar for the pepper jack if you wish. No need to cut fresh jalapeños for this recipe. Canned is fine.