Chicken Fajita Skewers
These Tex-Mex, lime-marinated chicken kebabs are welcome on any grill in any backyard. Make up a batch as appetizers or a festive dinner.
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 2 limes
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red onions
- If using wooden or bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 10 to 20 minutes, while you're preparing the other ingredients. This will prevent them from burning.
- Juice the limes, then toss the chicken meat in the juice. Add the chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne, and salt, then set aside while preparing the other ingredients. Since it's so acidic, it doesn't need to marinate long.
- Cut the bell peppers and onions into 1 inch by 1 inch squares.
- On the skewer, alternate between pepper, chicken, and onion until the skewer is full.
- Grill on high for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite fixin's like salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and fresh lime wedges.
Use larger skewers to turn these into a meal, but use smaller ones for grill appetizers.