Cherry Moonshine Truffles
Get a little jolt of moonshine in your dessert! These Cherry Moonshine Truffles make a sweet and powerful after dinner treat.
- 1 qt moonshine maraschino cherries
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Place cherries on a paper towel and dry off cherries as much as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Add sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt and combine. Chill.
- Take a small piece of the sugar mixture and wrap around each cherry. Place on wax paper and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl melt the chocolate in the microwave until fully melted. Dip cherries in chocolate and place back on the wax paper. Freeze cherries until chocolate solidifies. Serve.
Make your own moonshine cherries by soaking cherries in Everclear for 2-4 months. Make sure the cherries are cold before dipping, it'll make it easier for the chocolate to set up.