No-Bake Cherry Almond Granola Bars
These family-friendly granola bars are jam-packed with tart cherries, savory almonds, and sweetened with a touch of honey. Delish!
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup whole raw almonds chopped
- 1 cup dried tart cherries chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp flax seeds toasted
- 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- In medium bowl combine oats, rice cereal, almonds, cherries, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a microwaveable bowl or container, mix almond butter and honey and microwave 30-40 seconds. It should be fairly easy to stir. Add salt and almond extract and stir.
- Pour almond butter mixture over oat mixture and combine.
- Meanwhile, line a 13x9-inch baking pan with foil. Transfer the mixture to the pan and pat down to make an even layer. Cover tightly and freeze until the bars are firm, about an hour. Using the foil, remove from pan and slice into 24 bars. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator up to one week.
These granola bars make a perfect after-school snack! We love the combination of cherries and almonds, but you can use any dried fruit in substitution. How about apricots?