Cheddar Cheese and Ham Waffles
These cheddar cheese and ham waffles are a perfect start to your morning. Savory and sweet, these waffles go great with a splash of maple syrup.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature and spray with cooking spray.
- In bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, milk, and oil. Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and whisk until just blended. Fold in cheese and ham.
- Ladle the batter into the prepared waffle iron and cook until waffles are golden and crisp. Serve with maple syrup.
Cheddar cheese ain't your thing? Try asiago or even spicy pepper jack. Keep your waffles warm by placing them in a heated oven on a wire rack lined sheet pan.