Carrot, Radish, and Cucumber Salad
Sturdy enough to resist wilting, this light, healthy salad lasts until lunchtime and can be made the night before.
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large daikon radish (Or swap for 6-8 small red radishes)
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs apple cider or rice vinegar
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the carrots, cucumbers, and radish into long strips.
- Combine cranberries, parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar in a food processor. Pulse to emulsify. Alternatively, combine olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar in a measuring cup and whisk to emulsify, then toss the cranberries and parsley in after.
- Pour the dressing over the sliced vegetables and toss to coat. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds as well as salt and pepper to taste.
- Can be served immediately, but it's better if it rests 5 -10 minutes before serving. Re-toss before serving if you let it sit.
Want to make it a meal? Add quinoa and nuts for a powerhouse protein kick. We like pepitas or walnuts for this.