Candied Pecans and Almonds
Make these Candied Pecans and Almonds to snack on or even make up a whole batch to give away to friends this holiday season.
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 2 cups raw pecans
- Preheat your oven to 300ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg white and water until frothy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- To the egg white add the almonds and pecans and mix until well coated. Add the sugar mixture and toss to coat.
- Add to the baking sheet and spread out to an even layer. Bake until crispy, stirring halfway, about 25 minutes. Let cool completely before serving or placing into jars for gifts.
Place in a glass jar and top with a ribbon for a fun gift. These taste great as a afternoon snack.