Butternut Squash and Sausage Frittata
We love eggs and butternut squash! And what better way to combine the two than our Butternut Squash and Sausage Frittata.
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF.
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage and using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage. Add the butternut squash, red bell pepper and onions to the pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook over medium heat until the eggs are about set, about 8 minutes.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 10 minutes. Serve.
We recommend using a cast iron skillet because of its ability to go from stovetop to oven. You can also use leftover butternut squash for this recipe, lessening the cooking time in the skillet. If this is the case, add the onions and peppers and cook for 5 minutes before adding the squash.