Butternut Squash Gratin
This Butternut Squash Gratin is the perfect fall-inspired side dish! Tender squash topped with leeks and melted cheese. Yum!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and cut into slices
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh chopped thyme
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with baking spray.
- Add the butternut squash to the pan and top with the leeks and cheese. Meanwhile in a bowl whisk together the heavy cream, salt, pepper, and thyme. Pour the mixture over the squash and bake until squash is tender, about 1 hour. Serve.
Let this cool about 15 minutes before serving. It'll be hot! You can substitute small sugar pumpkin for this recipe as well.