While Olive Garden is known for its soup, salads, and breadsticks, the real star is its delicious desserts. Olive Garden offers an extensive dessert menu, with cheesecake, tiramisu, and black tie mousse chocolate cake. However, the real stunner is their chocolate brownie lasagna.
The brownie lasagna is not made with any noodles. Instead, it's an 8-layer dessert made of fudge brownie and cream cheese frosting. It's topped with a creamy rich chocolate ganache and chocolate shavings. If you're in the mood to indulge in the best brownie dessert, it is super easy and fun to make at home. We suggest having a group of friends over to help you devour this since this is just as rich as it is delish.
How To Make The Chocolate Brownie Lasagna Recipe
The best and easiest part of this recipe is you don't need to make the brownies from scratch. Brownies mix is pretty much perfect as is so feel free to use your favorite brand. I
For this to be a layered dessert, you'll need two boxes of brownie mix. Follow the directions on the box for the basic brownie recipe.
Spray a 9X13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and pour the brownie batter into the pan. Once the brownie has baked for about 40 minutes, remove it from the oven and let cool completely. While the brownie is cooling, make the chocolate ganache. Place a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with simmering water. In the bowl, add chocolate chips and heavy cream and mix until smooth.
To make the filling for the cream cheese layer, simply open a can of your favorite cream cheese frosting and let come to room temperature.
After the brownie is cool, cut the brownie in half vertically so you have two giant pieces. Take each half piece and slice vertically, so you have four pieces.
Then, begin the fun task of layering the lasagna.
Take one slab of brownie and pour on the ganache. Then, slather on the cream cheese filling. Repeat 3 times, until you have all four layers. On the top layer, pour on the rest of the ganache and finish with chocolate shavings.
You'll need to make sure to refrigerate the brownie lasagna for at least one hour before serving.
Variations on the Brownie Lasagna
While the brownie lasagna recipe is perfect just the way it is, this dessert is easy to customize and change. You can get creative with your toppings and mix-ins.
- If you're a Reese's lover, we suggest adding peanut butter in each layer or mixing with the frosting.
- Oreos would add a great crunchy texture to add to the top, or in between each layer.
- If you are a real chocoholic, make chocolate pudding to use in place of the ganache in between the layers.
If you prefer to make a cream cheese frosting, we've got you covered.
In a mixer, combine 2 blocks cream cheese, butter, a pinch of kosher salt, and pure vanilla extract. With the mixer running, slowly add powdered sugar. When it's all mixed and lump-free, you're ready to frost.
Products featured on Wide Open Eats are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
DIY Olive Garden's Brownie Lasagna With This 7-Ingredient Recipe
- 2 brownie mix boxes
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Shavings
- Prepare the brownie mix and pour into a 9X13 pans. Bake 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- While the brownie is cooling, make the chocolate ganache. Place a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with simmering water. In the bowl, add chocolate chips and heavy cream and mix until smooth.
- Cut the brownie in half vertically so you have two giant pieces. Take each half piece and slice vertically, so you have four pieces.
- Take one slab of brownie and pour on the ganache. Then, slather on the cream cheese filling. Repeat 3 times, until you have all four layers. On the top layer, pour on the rest of the ganache and finish with chocolate shavings.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.