Brown Sugar Pecan Banana Bread
Try this brown sugar spin on a classic banana bread recipe for a wonderfully moist loaf.
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecan, halves
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add flour mix into butter mix.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Place the pecan halves on top of the loaf.
- Bake until loaf passes the toothpick test, about 1 hour.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want to really capture the spirit of fall? Try this with 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice in place of the nutmeg.