Products featured on Wide Open Eats are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.<
Are you doing more at-home baking than ever before? There is so much information out there about favorite recipes, kitchen tools, cookware, and baking techniques-- it can be tough to know where to start or what's essential. When it comes to the loaves of bread coming out of your oven, a good bread knife is one basic item you can't miss.
There's a lot that goes into how we prep, bake and store bread. Home cooks know that cutting a crusty loaf is about more than just sticking it with the pointy end of your kitchen knives. So, check out these awesome additions to your knife set. As the kids say, "get this bread fam."
The Best Bread Knife
1. Orblue Serrated Bread Knife with Upgraded Stainless Steel Razor Sharp Wavy Edge Width - Bread Cutter Ideal for Slicing Homemade Bread, Bagels, Cake (8-Inch Blade with 5-Inch Handle)
One Amazon reviewer says that this "Knife is so sharp it is scarring my mom's cutting board. Careful. Thing is really good!" This quality blade can cut thick or thin slices, and it's easy to wash since it is all one steel piece.
2. MOSFiATA Bread Knife 8" Ultra Sharp Serrated Knife, German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN1.4116 Bread Slicer with Bread Lame, Micarta Handle, Durable Bread Cutting Knife for Bread, Cake, Bagels
German steel is known for creating high-quality knife blades, and this serrated edge lives up to that. This blade has a strong wooden handle that is triple riveted into the eight inches of serrated blade length.
The steel of the Mosfiata bread knife has a Rockwell Hardness of 56, so it's not going to be a flexible blade. Fortunately, that means you can use it as a workhorse utility knife for pizzas, baguettes, or anything tough.
3. Serrated Bread Knife, 2in1 Double Sided [Made in Japan] Super Sharp 8 Inch Power Blade Japanese Knife for Homemade Bread, Unique Design Bread Cutter
If you've ever wanted a kitchen knife that makes you feel like a samurai, this is the one for you. This piece of kitchen cutlery was forged in the town of Seki, Japan, where high-quality samurai blades were once made.
A double-sided bread knife can offer a lot of advantages. The large scalloped side will keep your cutting board crumb-less while a micro serration cuts through anything. These sharp edges are the real deal, so don't even think about trying to play Fruit Ninja in real life.
4. PomeloHome Best Bread Knife | 8" Serrated Stainless Steel Bread Knife | German High Carbon Steel Serrated Knife
The PomeloHome blade gets five-star reviews for its ergonomic design. Just like the Mosfiata bread slicer, German steel means you won't need a knife sharpener to keep the wavy edge of this one in fine cutting form.
As one five-star reviewer writes, "Tried with bread and hard fruit as well. Clean and even cuts. This is a high end knife. With care, it can last years."
5. SENBON 440A stainless steel Ultra sharp Japanese Bread knife Natural Olive Handle Camping trip Outdoor Portable Serrated Chef's Knife
The SENBON folds like a Japanese variety of Swiss Army knives. We can only hope for an updated style that comes with a foldable cleaver, boning knife, and santoku blade. Until then, the natural olive wood handle and razor edges of this knife will be perfect for outdoor travel usage.
If you're looking to cut up some of that fresh food you've been baking, then consider getting yourself one of these high-quality knives. A serrated option will be a super sharp addition to the rest of your kitchen essentials.
Don't forget to check out our list of the best steak knives. They're perfect gifts for those who love grilling, and plus, it's an excuse to show off a new knife block.