Blueberry Crumble Bars
These Blueberry Crumble Bars are filled with sweet and juicy blueberries with a hint of creaminess from the cream cheese filling.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, divided
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, lemon zest, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives. Mixture will be the size of large beans. Add egg and combine together. Press down half of the dough into the greased pan.
- Meanwhile, cream the cream cheese with vanilla and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix in the egg and pour into prepared crust.
- In another medium bowl mix together remaining sugar and cornstarch. Gently toss in blueberries. Sprinkle the mixture over the cream cheese layer.
- Crumble remaining dough over the top of the blueberries. Bake until the top is browned, about 45 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares.
We love using fresh blueberries in the recipe but you can always substitute frozen berries in its place. To ensure your dough is crumbly, cut your butter into small squares and chill for ten minutes before cutting it into the flour mixture.