Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
This Biscuits and Gravy Casserole makes a perfect Southern dinner! Tender chicken in a rich gravy and topped with flaky biscuits.
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups baking mix (like Bisquick)
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF and grease a large casserole or 13X9-inch pan.
- In a large skillet heat the butter over medium heat and cook the celery and onions until tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour on top and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in chicken broth and bring to a simmer and cook until thickened. Stir in 1/3 cup of milk and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to baking dish.
- Meanwhile, stir together the baking mix and the remaining 2/3 cup of milk. Drop by spoonfuls onto the chicken mixture. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, about 25-30 minutes. Serve.
You can also make your own chicken by cooking up 4 chicken breasts and shredding them instead of the cooked rotisserie chicken. To make these biscuits pop, brush with butter and minced garlic before and after baking.