Biscuits and Gravy Bake
This hearty and family friendly breakfast casserole comes together in a few minutes and is sure to stick to your bones through lunch time.
- 2 cans biscuits (About 16 oz total)
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage
- 4 tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp dry sage (Optional, but tasty if the sausage doesn't already have some)
- 4 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lightly greasing. Alternatively, a trusty cast iron skillet could do the trick.
- Open one can of biscuits. Separate the biscuits and cut into quarters, then place in the baking dish in a single layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the sausage on the stove over medium to medium-high heat. When the sausage is just about cooked, sprinkle in the flour and spices.
- Add the milk a cup at a time, stirring between cups to ensure there are no lumps. Let cook and thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Pour sausage and gravy over the cooked biscuits, then top with the remaining can of biscuits.
- Bake until the top biscuits are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Want to make the biscuits from scratch? Our buttermilk drop biscuits work great with this.