Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp
This Beer Battered Coconut Shrimp is out of this world! The sweet taste of coconut with the flavor of beer makes this shrimp a crowd favorite.
- 1 cup beer
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil for frying
- Preheat your 2 inches of oil in a dutch oven to 350ºF.
- Meanwhile, prepare the batter by mixing together the beer, flour, egg, and salt in a medium bowl until the batter is smooth. Place coconut on a plate.
- Dip each shrimp into the batter and roll in the flaked coconut. Fry shrimp in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve.
Serve with cocktail sauce or a tartar sauce. Keep the shrimp warm while waiting for the others to fry by covering the plate with foil.