This banana pudding has been a staple on Southern tables for decades. Whip up this no cook recipe and get invited to all the brunches and dinner parties.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5 oz French vanilla instant pudding mix (Make sure to avoid "cook and serve" pudding!)
- 2 1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz whipped topping
- 6 bananas, sliced
- 12 oz vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and condensed milk until fluffy. Beat in pudding mix, cold milk, and vanilla. Fold in half of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom (and sides if desired) of a 9 x 13 baking dish with vanilla wafers. Layer the banana slices on top of he cookies.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the bananas and cookies. Top with remaining bananas, cookies, and whipped topping.
- Chill at least 2 hours until ready to serve.