Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Yes, you can bring Baked Macaroni and Cheese to a picnic! This macaroni and cheese dish is cooled to room temperature before serving.
- 1/2 lb macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat melt the butter. Add the pasta, 2 cups shredded cheese, onion, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the eggs and evaporated milk until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Bake until the top is golden, about 1 hour.
- You can enjoy immediately or cool to room temperature and cut into squares to serve.
This macaroni is very popular in the Bahamas! Make sure you use evaporated milk and not condensed milk for this recipe.