Baked Cinnamon Churros
Get the great taste of churros without the deep-fryer! These Baked Cinnamon Churros are packed with cinnamon and are healthier than their fried version.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
For The Cinnamon Sugar
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan add the water, butter, sugar, and salt over medium-high and bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour until the mixture forms a ball. Add in the eggs one at a time until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Place the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a star-tip. Pipe the mixture, making 6 8-inch long strips. Bake until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon. Roll the hot churros in the mixture, pressing to adhere. Serve warm.
If you cinnamon sugar seems to be falling off, spray the churros with a little bit of canola oil spray. These churros are best served with hot chocolate!