Baked Chicken Parmesan
This quick version of chicken parmesan skips the frying and gives you a healthy, hearty dinner in no time, perfect for any night of the week.
- 6 chicken cutlets, about 6 oz each, pounded into 1/2 inch thick steaks
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (Plus about 3 tbs more for sprinkling)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne or crushed red pepper flakes (Optional)
- 6 oz mozzarella (About 1 cup grated)
- 24 oz your favorite pasta sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 F, place a rack in the bottom third of the oven, and lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Beat the eggs in a wide bowl and set aside. In another wide bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, 3/4 cup Parmesan, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper as desired, then mix with a fork.
- Working with one cutlet at a time, dip the cutlet in egg, then coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off excess, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with marinara sauce. Sprinkle on the mozzarella and Parmesan. Return to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a crusty bread to sop up the extra sauce, and enjoy!