Baked Cajun Avocado Fries
Yes, you can make avocado fries in your oven! These avo-fries are crunchy on the outside and soft and creamy in the middle.
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 450ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on the foil. Set aside.
- Slice the avocados lengthwise, discarding pit.
- Set up a breading station by placing the flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl. In a separate bowl add the eggs. In a third bowl add the cajun seasoning and panko.
- Dredge the avocado slices in the flour, followed by the egg, and finally the breadcrumbs. Place on the wire rack and spray with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining avocado slices.
- Bake until panko is lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
Make sure that your avocados are ripe, but not squishy. Squishy avocados don't bread well! These make great party snacks. Serve with a side of ranch or even a sweet chili sauce.