Want to make your weekend extra special without a lot of extra work and mess? These baked blueberry donuts with lemon glaze are the perfect treat, and they're so easy to make. If you've got a donut pan and some basic ingredients, you're just a few minutes of prep time away from fresh blueberry donuts that will start the day off right.
One of the best things about this simple blueberry donut recipe is that you can use either fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries. First, while you preheat the oven, combine the wet ingredients (the milk, egg, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract) in a large mixing bowl. Then, mix the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar) together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the large bowl with the wet ingredients and stir just enough to combine. Gently stir in the blueberries, being careful not to squish them.
Baked Blueberry Donuts with Lemon Glaze Recipe
Cook time for the baked donuts is about 10 minutes; you know they're done when a toothpick comes out clean. While the donuts are baking and cooling, make the lemon glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. If your glaze is too thick, add more lemon juice. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar. Dip the baked donuts into the glaze and then set them on a wire rack until the glaze hardens. Or sneak one of these blueberry delights while the lemon glaze is still drippy- we promise not to tell anyone!
Watch: 6 Doughnuts You Should Try At Voodoo Doughnuts
Baked Blueberry Donuts with Lemon Glaze
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Using cooking spray, coat 8 cavities in the donut pan. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl combine milk, egg, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add to wet ingredients and stir until just combine, making sure not to overmix. Gently fold in blueberries making sure not to squish.
- Divide the dough into the 8 cavities and bake until a toothpick can be inserted cleanly, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before inverting to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest. If too thick, add more lemon juice. If too thin, add more powdered sugar.
- Dip each donut into glaze and let set over a wire rack until the glaze hardens, about 5 minutes.