Baked Arkansas Green Beans
Nobody agrees why these are called Arkansas Green Beans, but everyone agrees this sweet and savory side dish is mighty tasty!
- 3 lbs trimmed green beans (Or 3 cans, drained)
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tbs butter, melted
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 F and pour green beans into the baking dish.
- Fry up the bacon until just barely done, you don't want it crisp yet. Set aside the strips to cool. Then pour about 2 tbs bacon grease over the green beans, tossing to stir.
- When cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon over the green beans.
- Whisk together the melted butter, garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Pour this mix over the green beans, then toss to coat.
- Bake until the beans are tender, the juices are bubbly, and the bacon is crisp. It should take about 30 minutes.