Avocado Fettuccine Alfredo
Get the cheesy, creamy goodness of alfredo sauce without the heavy cream in the time it takes to make the pasta, thanks to ripe avocados and your blender.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup milk (Skim, whole, even almond all taste good)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 large ripe avocados
- Set the pasta on to boil according to package directions.
- Scoop the meat from the avocados and mash with the lemon juice.
- Combine the mashed avocado, butter, garlic, milk, and Parmesan in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth. Taste to see if you want to add salt or pepper. If it's not quite as creamy as you'd like, add a little more milk, about 1 tbs at a time.
- Drain the pasta, and toss the pasta in the sauce to warm it all up. Or chill the pasta and enjoy the dish cold.
- There's plenty of room for customization and additions in this recipe. Sliced cherry tomatoes, toasted nuts, or grilled chicken are all tasty additions.
If you've never made the plunge, this is an excellent dish to try with spiralized vegetables instead of pasta.