Artichoke and Farro Salad
Eat healthy and add nutritious whole grains in your diet with this bright artichoke, nutty farro, and sun-dried tomato salad.
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 tsp dried oregano (Or 1 sprig fresh)
- 1 jar sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (About 7 oz or so should do)
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted castelvetrano olives, halved
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 6 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 oz goat cheese
- Add about 2 tbs of the sun-dried tomato oil to a saucepan and warm over medium heat. Add the farro and cook until lightly toasted, stirring frequently, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bay leaf, and oregano, then bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to low, then simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut 6 to 8 tomatoes into julienne strips, if they didn't already come that way (that's about 1/3 cup if they came pre-cut). Toss the tomatoes with the artichokes and olives. Set aside.
- When the farro is done, toss in with the vegetables.
- Whisk together 3 tbs more of the tomato oil (sub for olive oil if desired) with the red wine vinegar. Pour this over the farro and vegetables and toss. Top with parsley and crumbled goat cheese, and enjoy! It's great fresh and warm, and even better chilled the next day.