Apple Pie Crescents
These fun apple pie bites are easy to make with the kiddos and have all the flavor of an apple pie with a fraction of the work.
- 1 Granny Smith apple (I also like Fuji or Golden Delicious for this)
- 4 tbs butter
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans
- Peel, core, and slice apple into 8 wedges. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over apple slices, toss to coat.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay out crescent triangles.
- In a bowl, combine sugar and spice. Sprinkle sugar mix onto crescent triangles. Then sprinkle on crushed pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of the crescent triangle, then roll. Brush the crescents with the remaining butter.
- Bake until crescents are golden brown and apples have softened, about 10 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
For a gooey twist, try it with your favorite jam instead of sugar.