Apple Cranberry Rice Salad
Rice salads are perfect this time of year, and our Apple Cranberry Rice Salad is no exception! Apples, dried cranberries, and rice make up this salad.
- 2 cups cooked white rice, chilled
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed
For The Dressing
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a salad bowl toss together the rice, apple, cranberries, pecans, and peas.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, and Dijon. Pour in the oil in a steady stream while whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the salad mixture and toss to coat. Serve.
This recipe is perfect for leftover rice. Make it ahead of time by mixing together the salad and dressing separately. Add the dressing right before serving.