Almond Coconut Macaroons
These Almond Coconut Macaroons are perfect afternoon treats. Sweet coconut, egg whites and almond make this cookie crisp and airy.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Drop dough by tablespoons onto the sheet pan.
- Bake until coconut is toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool and serve.
Use sweetened coconut for a sweeter cookie. Keep these cookies in a airtight container to retain their freshness.