[dropcap]I[/dropcap]f you like green beans, you might want to consider throwing them in your air fryer to make delicious air fried green beans as a crispy side dish for dinner tonight. Air fryer green beans are super simple to make and a healthy option for a green beans recipe -- the veggies are full of vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, iron, magnesium, and more.
How to Make Air Fried Green Beans
All you need to cook green beans in your trusty air fryer are fresh green beans, olive oil or olive oil cooking spray, onion powder and/or garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Some green bean air fryer recipes call for adding parmesan cheese, panko bread crumbs, paprika, and ingredients to make a dipping sauce to go with what are essentially crispy green bean french fries, but we're keeping it simple with this recipe.
You're first going to combine your ingredients in a bowl, making sure to coat the beans you'll be air frying with the olive oil or spray before the other ingredients so they'll stick and fry well. You also need to preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once your air fry-ready green beans are good to go and your fryer is ready, put the beans in your air fryer basket. You're going to cook them for 6 to 10 minutes, and your cook time will depend on how well done and crispy you want the beans to be in the end. It's also a good idea to shake the basket every few minutes during cooking.
And that's it! Your air-fried green beans, or "green bean fries," are done when they're firm but tender or reach the degree of "cooked" that you prefer. They make for a great appetizer that's fairly low in carbohydrates while still being delectable. Enjoy!
Watch: Fired Cabbage and Potatoes
Air Fried Green Beans For Every Night of the Week
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil OR use olive oil spray
- 1 teaspoon onion powder OR garlic powder OR half and half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, coating the beans with olive oil or spray before the other ingredients.
- Preheat your air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put beans in the air fryer basket. Cook for 6 to 10 minutes, shaking the basket periodically. Green beans are done when they're firm but tender to the level you prefer.