Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 6 hours
- 2 1/2 lbs bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (We prefer dark meat for this)
- 3/4 cup broth
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tps sweet paprika (Plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tbs hot paprika
- 1 tsp crushed caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh dill, for garnish
Brown both sides of chicken thighs in a skillet heated to medium-high.
Transfer chicken to slow cooker, then use broth in hot skillet to loosen stuck on pieces. Pour broth into slow cooker.
Combine all ingredients except the sour cream and dill in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook until meat is tender and falling off the bone, about 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 on high.
Stir sour cream into slow cooker just before serving. Serve over rice, noodles, or spaetzle, top with fresh dill, and enjoy!