Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 orange (Grab extra for garnish)
- 2 bottles dry red wine
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon stick (Grab extra for garnish)
- 4 whole cloves
- 3 whole star anise (Grab extra for garnish)
- 2 whole green cardamom pods
- 6 whole allspice berries
Zest the orange, keeping the zest in long strips. Cut in half and juice into a large stock pot.
Add the two bottles of wine, cider, honey, ginger, and spices to the stock pot.
Cover with a heavy lid, and bring to a simmer—try to avoid boiling it! Cook gently for 20 to 30 minutes. Strain out spices before serving. Garnish with fresh cinnamon sticks, star anise, or orange slices.
This recipe can also be made ahead of time, or with a slow cooker instead of the stove top.