Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups broth, divided
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup chicken livers, finely chopped or pureed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cook rice according to the instructions on the package, using 1 cup broth and 2 cups water.
Select a pot large enough to hold the meat, vegetables, and rice. Heat it over high heat and brown the pork and chicken livers.
Lower the heat to medium-high and add the onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and jalapeño and sauté until vegetables begin to brown and stick to the pan, about 5 minutes.
Add the remaining broth to deglaze the pan then let it cook down until most has boiled away.
Add the cooked rice, toss to combine.
Turn off heat and add the green onions and toss to combine. Top with fresh parsley and serve hot.
Want to make some interesting substitutions? Try it with red bell pepper for a pop of color, or use venison instead of pork.