The Mansfield Pickle Queens will once again host the World’s Only St. Paddy’s Pickle Parade and Palooza on March 16-17 in historic downtown Mansfield, the Pickle Capital of Texas.
The seventh annual event features live music, food, family fun, and of course, pickles. For example, every participant in the Pickle Runs will receive a big dill pickle (maybe the best race favor ever), and the winners receive jars of pickles.
Joining the Palooza lineup this year are a few new events, including the World’s Only St. Paddy’s Dirty Job Brewing Beer Keg Race and the Baby Parade. The festival kicks off Friday evening with the keg race, followed by a free concert at 7 p.m. by country music star Coffey Anderson.
The Pickle Runs and Baby Parade happen Saturday morning, and the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders will be on hand as well to sign autographs.
The main event happens at 1 p.m., when the Pickle Queens lead the Mansfield Pickle Parade with a Mardi Gras theme down Main Street. The Queens will be accompanied by the Pickle Dude, the Pickle Protectors, and their Pickle Posse.
There are also pickle eating and pickle juice drinking contests on Saturday. The festival ends with Cajun legend Wayne Toups giving a concert that evening. Except for the fun run, all the festivities have free admission.
The festival is produced by the nonprofit Pickled Mansfield Society. Money raised by the organization goes to support organizations like Feed the Kids, Lucky Fund
supporting the Mansfield Animal Shelter, Trinity Habitat for Humanity, the Salvation Army and the Mansfield ISD Scholarship Fund.
The Mansfield Pickle Queens, known for their red wigs and green thrift-store gowns, are an official chapter of the Sweet Potato Queens organization.
Schedule of Events
Friday, March 16
- 6 p.m. – World’s Only St. Paddy’s Dirty Job Brewing Beer Keg Race on Main Street
- 7 p.m. – Free concert by country music star Coffey Anderson on Best Maid Stage
Saturday, March 17
- 8 a.m. – Pickle Runs begin with 10K, followed by 5K and Kids K
- 10 a.m. – Baby Parade and opening of vendor market, food court, children’s Pickle Playground, Camp Anothen Community Stage
- 10:30 a.m. – Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders sign autographs
- 11 a.m. – Live entertainment on Best Maid Stage
- Noon – Pet Parade on Main Street
- 1 p.m. – Pickle Parade on Main Street
- 2:30 p.m. – Downtown Fever on Best Maid Stage
- 4 p.m. – Kendra’s Kreations pickle eating and pickle juice-drinking contests and
- Mindy Lu’s pie eating contests on Main Street
- 6 p.m. – Free concert by Cajun legend Wayne Toups on Best Maid Stage