When Starbucks announced it was creating a Unicorn Frappuccino, pastel-food colored fans went crazy. The concoction was to bring together the best of the colors of the rainbow with the sugar rush that Starbucks fans have come to expect from their frozen beverages. This one, though, took the cake with a whopping 76 grams of sugar for a Venti and just a few more grams of carbs.
That’s about the same as eating roughly seven Krispy Kreme donuts. It sounds fun in theory, but you should expect a pretty big sugar crash about 30 minutes later.
Yes or No? ? – – – – – – #women #moda #style #beauty #hairstyle #dresses #colorful #womensfashion #hairs #blogger #moda #mode #nice #hairstyle #tutorials #style #makeup #clothes #colorful #clothes #fashionactive #outfit #shoes #makeup #girls #ootd #love #amazing #cute #goals #luxury #food #starbucks #unicorn #unicornfrappuccino
A Tall with whipped cream has 280 calories, 39 grams of sugar, 11 grams of fat, 42 grams of carbs, and four grams of protein.
A Grande with whipped cream has 410 calories, 59 grams of sugars, 16 grams of fat, 62 grams of carbs, and five grams of protein.
A Venti with whipped cream has 500 calories, 76 grams of sugars, 18 grams of fat, 79 grams of carbs, and seven grams of protein.
To get to that level of nutrition, Starbucks revealed that the ingredients in the Unicorn Frappuccino are ice, milk, a crème Frappuccino base, whipped cream, vanilla syrup, mango syrup, “blue drizzle” (essentially, white chocolate mocha sauce), “classic syrup,” sour blue powder, and pink powder. These ingredients are not hard to find.
Since the Unicorn Frappuccino was a limited edition thing, you can’t get it anymore. But you can create it at home. We’ve got the DIY recipe to do it.
Blue Drizzle Sauce
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- 2 tablespoons blue raspberry sour powder topping or crushed up Warhead candies
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons mango syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 3 tablespoons Fruit Punch pucker powder or a handful of red sour warheads.
- Whipped cream
- Sour powder
1. First, make the blue drizzle sauce by melting white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons of sour candy or powder and mix until blended well. Add two tablespoons of milk and stir over low heat until it is all mixed and melted well. Taste and add more sour powder to taste. Add to a squeeze bottle and set aside.
2. Add all ingredients to your blender except for the blue drizzle sauce in the bottle, and mix well. If it is not pink enough, add a few drops of red food coloring or more pink powder.
3. Assemble the frappuccino by pouring the blue sour syrup down the sides of your cup. Start at the middle and let the syrup drip down to the bottom of the cup to create pretty swirls on the outside of the glass. Next, pour the contents of the blender into the cup.
4. Top with whipped cream and garnish with sour powder.
Have you made your own at home yet?