There are two kinds of Coca-Cola fans: those who love it best from the can, and those who can’t pass up a fresh, carbonated soda machine. If you’re the latter, then you might know that McDonald’s truly has the best Coke on tap, if you will, in the country. How do they manage that?
Well, AskMen decided to dig a little deeper and find out just why McDonald’s Coke is the best Coke on tap from any fast food chain. The answer? McDonald’s tries extremely hard to ensure that every single dispense of Coke is the perfect dispense. Here’s how they do it.
1. To begin, it’s all about that fizz. Hey, if you’re going to splurge a bit and have a Coke, you might as well get the best carbonation factor you can find. The soda water is always between “33 to 38 degrees. McDonald’s keeps it circulating through insulated tubing.”
2. The chilly water combines with pre-chilled Coca-Cola syrup, whose amount is scientifically determined based on how much ice could melt in a drink over time.
3. McDonald’s doesn’t cheat the system, either. They use the prescribed syrup amount from the soda giant themselves.
4. Coke syrup is delivered in stainless steel containers versus the other method of plastic bags. The stainless steel works to preserve the integrity of the syrup without sacrificing taste.
5. McDonald’s also installed some of the best water filtration systems on the market today for their fountain dispensers, saying, “In order to ensure our drinks are always meeting a gold standard, we have proper filtration methods in place.”
6. And the final reason? McDonald’s wide straws are not your typical straws. They’re large enough to ensure maximum Coca-Cola fizz to tongue contact, meaning your taste buds experience more Coke per every sip, making it taste even richer.
So do you think Coca-Cola tastes better at McDonald’s, or do you think that it doesn’t matter if Coke tastes better? Could all of the fancy innovations, like the insulated tube and the stainless steel tanks really make sure that Coke tastes so good? With that secret formula in the fountain drinks, most Coca-Cola lovers can’t deny that fast food restaurants do have the best fresh Coke, especially when it’s ice cold. I wonder what more surprising things are happening in fast food giants with the products they offer.